Waiver & Liability Form *
WAIVER AND RELEASE FORM RELEASE OF LIABILITY
This Release and Waiver of Liability, I the volunteer, releases the Latinas Art Foundation, a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of California and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for the Latinas Art Foundation and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer. Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with the Latinas Art Foundation is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that the Latinas Art Foundation will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer services to the Latinas Art Foundation.
1. Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Latinas Art Foundation and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to Nonprofit. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges the Latinas Art Foundation from any liability or claim that I may have against the Latinas Art Foundation with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to the Latinas Art Foundation or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that the Latinas Art Foundation does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of the Latinas Art Foundation beyond what may be offered freely by the Latinas Art Foundation in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge the Latinas Art Foundation from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with the Latinas Art Foundation.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to the Latinas Art Foundation may include activities that may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to: involving inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release the Latinas Art Foundation from all liability.
5. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to the Latinas Art Foundation all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by the Latinas Art Foundation in connection with my providing volunteer services to the Latinas Art Foundation.
6. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected. By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.